Tuesday 11 December 2012

Dhirubhai

wealthymatters.com
Personally I admire Dhirubhai Ambani’s  way of not  letting  other people circumscribe his dreams.I believe that if a person can dream up something he/she can do it.It may take time and effort and persistence but its not impossible. Personally I believe dreams are worth fighting for because they are a representation of out truest self and out innate abilities.Anytime I have self doubts I find that reflecting on incidents from his life gives me courage.After all life has not tested me in the way it did him.And anytime anybody tells me that something is undoable in one lifetime I just tell myself to see how far Dhirubhai came in one lifetime.Following are some quotes from the great man.Use them to spur you on in life.

“Only when you dream it you can do it.”
“For those who dare to dream, there is a whole world to win!”
“I, as school kid, was a member of the Civil Guard, something like today’s NCC. We had to salute our officers who went round in jeeps. So I thought one day I will also ride in a jeep and somebody else will salute me.”
“I am deaf to the word “no”.”
“Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one’s monopoly”
“You have to take the calculated risk,to earn something”
“If you’re born poor its not your fault but if you die poor its your fault”
 “The problem with Indians is that we have lost the habit of thinking big!”
“Tax is for the poor or the stupid people.
“You do not require an invitation to make profits.”
“A vision has to be within reach not in the air. It has to be achievable.”
“I live the Gita.”
“Don’t give up, courage is my conviction.”
“Keep your morale high, in spite of setbacks. At the end you are bound to succeed.”
“Challenge negative forces with hope, self-confidence and conviction. I believe that ambition and initiative will ultimately triumph.”
“Often people think opportunity is a matter of luck. I believe opportunities are all around us. Some seize it. Others stand and let it pass by.”
“If you work with determination and with perfection, success will follow.”
“Secret of my success was to have ambition and know minds of men”
“We bet on people.”
“Meeting the deadlines is not good enough, beating the deadlines is my expectation.”
“Between my past, the present and the future, there is one common factor: Relationship and Trust. This is the foundation of our growth”
“We must always go for the best. Do not compromise on quality. Reject if it is not the best — not only the best in India, but globally.”
“Pursue your goal, even in the face of difficulties. Convert difficulties into opportunities.”
“I have trusted people and they have put their trust in me. I have encouraged youth, and they have never let me down. I have asked my people to take initiative and to take risks. It has paid me rich dividends. I insist on excellence. This helps us to be leaders. Reliance is built on some of these principles.”
“My fulfillment lies in the satisfaction of every member of the Reliance family, comprising thousands of workers, managers, business associates and over five million shareholders. Being instrumental in creating wealth for over 5 millionIndiafamilies, and bringing prosperity and well being to their life is the best source of satisfaction and joy for me.”
“Reliance’s success is a reflection of India’s capabilities, the talent of her people and the potential of her entrepreneurs, engineers, managers, and workers.”
“I dream of India becoming a great economic superpower.”
“True entrepreneurship comes only from risk-taking.”
“We cannot change our rulers, but we can change the way they rule us.”
“Does making money excite me? No, but I have to make money for my shareholders. What excites me is achievement, doing something difficult.”
“I consider myself a pathfinder. I have been excavating the jungle and making the road for others to walk. I like to be the first in everything I do.”
“There is no question about that (retirement). Business is my hobby. It is not a burden to me. In any case Reliance now can run without me.”
“We must learn to trust. For several centuries, Indians have been brainwashed to distrust other Indians. This saps national energy. Distrust kills initiatives. Distrust compels people to maneuver and manipulate. Trust and transparency stimulates entrepreneurship.”
“A motivated manpower is the most important thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment